THIS SICKNESS IS NOT UNTO DEATH
I believe it is not by accident that you have come across this piece of information that will change your life forever.
I am a Christian doctor, which means I am a Christian (a child of God, born again through the provisions of Jesus Christ) first, and then trained to be a doctor. So being a doctor gives me a platform to relate occurrences and conditions in the human body to science and relate agreeably with research findings to recognise these illnesses and recommend suitable treatment. But you see, it all ends at some point, and by observing ethical boundaries, I have had to tell my patients statements like:
‘I’m sorry, but you have to live with it.
‘You are more likely to die with it than from it’.
‘I’m so sorry, but there is nothing more that can be done medically’.
‘I’m sorry, but this condition has been classified as Medically-Unexplained-Symptoms, and we will just make do with alleviating the symptoms.
‘Is there anything you have longed to do? It might be time to get them done now. Please do tell me if there is any way I can help.
From this acquired status, I am aware that: diseases have different names and can be categorised into different groups based on scientific findings for ease of identification and explanation of the diseases to the sufferers. The Britannica of human diseases suggests that any single disease may fall within several of these classifications.
1. Four main types:
● Infectious (caused by a bug)
● Deficiency (something lacking or insufficient)
● Hereditary (genetic and non-genetic)
● Physiological (malfunction of the systems of the body).
2. Two classifications:
● Communicable (contagious)
● Non-communicable (not contagious)
3. Nine types:
● Topographic (by different systems of the body)
● Anatomic (part of the body affected)
● Physiological (malfunction of the systems of the body)
● Pathological (malignancy, inflammatory, infections, metabolic, autoimmune, etc.)
● Etiologic (causal)
● Juristic (speed of advent of death)
● Epidemiological (common to a location or demography)
● Statistical (as it relates to identifiable characteristics – age, sex/gender, race, religion, sexual orientation)
There are more classifications, but these summarise them.
However, my status as a Child of God offers me the provisions of God, the source of all things and life. The first and the best Physician. You’d agree that if I can vouch for my medical practice based on research findings, I tell you with all assurance that I vouch even more for the Word of God to do what medical practice tags impossible.
His Word (the Bible) tells me a lot of things that make me know that:
● Satan puts diseases on people to kill them.
‘The robber only wants to take away my sheep. He wants to kill them. He comes only to destroy them. But I have come so that they can have true life. And so that they can have everything that they need.
John 10:10 EASY
● The provisions for healing have been made through the sacrifices of Jesus Christ.
He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross [willingly offering Himself on it, as on an altar of sacrifice], so that we might die to sin [becoming immune from the penalty and power of sin] and live for righteousness; for by His wounds you [who believe] have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24 AMP
● Healing then becomes the children’s bread.
Jesus told the woman, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and give it to the dogs. First, let the children eat all they want.”
Mark 7:27 ERV
● No sickness is unto death.
When Jesus heard this, He said, “This sickness will not end in death; but [on the contrary, it is] for the glory and honour of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it.”
John 11:4 AMP
Are you sick?
Are you ill?
Does some disease ail you?
It does not matter what classification or form or type or category or diagnosis; there is provision for healing in God, through Jesus Christ.
Lazarus was already dead for four days, yet Jesus said it was a sickness, not unto death, even though physically he died. He healed all manners of illnesses and diseases in His physical lifetime, as He still does today by His word.
It takes an extraordinary God to do extraordinary things.
This is the hand of God stretched out to you, saying, ‘There is more after medical knowledge or expertise is exhausted’.
You can be a beneficiary of this healing power of God by:
1. Becoming His child first: The provisions of God are sure for His children. Come to Jesus. Acknowledge and confess your sins, confess Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and ask Him to come into your heart and live with you. This is the conscious act that translates you into the Kingdom of God, that brings your spirit to life, so much so you can now relate with God and enjoy His love in all dimensions as His child.
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.
Revelation 22:17 NLT
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.
Romans 10:10 NLT
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Romans 10:13 NLT
If you are taking this step, I’d like you to pray with me:
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that Jesus gave His life for me. I confess my sins before You (mention as many as you remember) and ask you for the forgiveness of sins. Wash me clean with Your blood and make me Your own. I open my heart to You and confess you as my Lord and Saviour. Come and live in my heart, teach me Your ways and father me. I thank you for this great Love You have for me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.
2. Bring your faith: A dose of gullibility, coming to God as a child, complete reliance on Him and acknowledging His great power to heal you; are all worth it. God’s power is real, to save, to heal, to deliver and make anew. It is nothing to Him to heal. He wills to heal you, but demonstrating this healing power depends on your belief that He can.
Even so, he saved them— to defend the honour of his name and to demonstrate his mighty power.
Psalms 106:8 NLT
As the sun went down that evening, people throughout the village brought sick family members to Jesus. No matter what their diseases were, the touch of his hand healed every one.
Luke 4:40 NLT
Now that you are a child of God take your healing from the banquet set before you. It is the children’s bread; take yours!
If you have any illness, it matters not what it’s called, come to God based on His word and see the power of God dispatch to you.
This sickness is not unto death!
This sickness is not unto death!!
This sickness is not unto death!!!
We are more than conquerors.
Thank you for reading this tract, and I believe you have been blessed. Please share your experiences or questions with us at:
⛪ THE DREAM CENTRE of the LIFE OASIS INTERNATIONAL CHURCH
Km 4, Gbongan-Osogbo Expressway, Dream Centre Bus Stop, Osogbo. Osun State.
📱for other branch locations, prayers and counselling, call any of the phone numbers below:
An answer of peace awaits you.
God bless you.