Introduction: Knowing whether one is saved is a major question everyone needs to answer on this earth and on time. This is one of the questions that no other man can answer as much as the person involved. The young and the aged, male and female, white and black, learned and illiterate etc all need to answer this singular question of life – Am I genuinely saved?
…. Let’s make sure.
My friend, assumption is the lowest form of knowledge and when it comes to critical things of life, you don’t work on assumption but reality.
No woman assumes she’s pregnant. She goes for tests and proves it! No student assumes he’s being admitted into higher institution, he goes to confirm and check it out on their list.
You cannot assume you’re saved because of one or two religious practices you do, you need to make sure.
Let me take you through some test questions that shows what does not confer salvation on anyone:
- Have you just joined a born again church?
- Do you have a lot of born again friends?
- Are you doing your best not to harm another human being?
- Are you full of many good works?
- Have you just made several good resolutions to turn a new leaf?
- Do you believe you are good enough as you were born and bred?
- Do you even believe what the Bible said about Jesus being the saviour of the whole world (but with no personal relationship with Him)?
- Do you give money to churches, men of God and projects?
- Are you holding spiritual titles presently and many in your past?
Beloved, answering 'Yes' to all these CANNOT SAVE YOU.
Isaiah 64:6a says, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags;”
The Bible says all have sinned and have come short of God’s glory – Rom. 3:23 Who then is saved? How can you be saved?
- Realize that you are a sinner - “For all have sinned, and come “short of the glory of God” Rom 3:23
- Receive the gospel (good news of what Jesus did on the cross – died for your sins). - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 1 Tim. 2:5-6. “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Tim. 1:15
- Realize through the preaching of the gospel the sinfulness of your personal sin.
- Realize your need of a personal saviour from sin. “Jesus said to him. Do you believe in the son of God? John 9:35-38.
- Make a spiritual willful decision to turn away from sin and the sinful state and turn to Jesus to be your personal Lord and Saviour. “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. Act 3:19. Some people turn to good deed and doing penance or self torture for a personal Saviour; No, only Jesus can be your personal saviour.
- Believe the report of God about Jesus. Rom. 10:9-10. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
- Have a credible evidence of a changed life and attitude to sin, God, people of God and the world based on your repentance and acceptance of Jesus. “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” II Cor. 5:17
- Be irrevocably committed to following Jesus and His will and word in all issues of life. “What will you have me to do Lord?” Acts. 9:6 If you do these things you’ll be saved.
Do you want to accept Christ into your heart now? Pray this prayer.
Father I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know that I’m a sinner and cannot save myself. But Jesus died for me, He shed His blood that I might be saved, today I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits, I believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord. Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus name. Amen.
Rev. Olusola Ayodele Areogun is an ordained minister of the Gospel. He serves the will of God in this generation as Author, Teacher, Church Planter and Mentor of Leaders for the next generation with varied ministerial exposure and experience. He also serves as a father and cover to many up and coming ministries.
Latest from Rev Olusola Ayodele Areogun
- ARE YOU SENDABLE? From our Father's Heart (13/08/2017)
- Don't serve God carelessly - From our Father's Heart (02/07/2017)
- Keep your appointments daily with God - From our Father's Heart (16/07/2017)
- Embrace discipline! - From our Father's Heart (25/06/2017)
- If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land - From our Father's Heart (18/06/2017)