Texts: 1 Samuel 2:3, Proverbs 16:2, Isaiah 26:7
1 Samuel 2:3
Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.
The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
It is important for every believer to know that God weighs actions, thoughts and intentions of man. Walking conscious of this would make you put yourself regularly on the divine scale. This will help you to know where you stand and correct anything that may be displeasing to the Lord. If you judge yourself, God does not judge you (1Cor.11:31). Lean to examine yourself 2Cor13:5.
Why should you this?
To stand perfect before God- Ps.139:23-24
To be a good witness before God and man. Acts 24:16
For God and man to have a good testimony about you. 1Sam.16:7, Luke 6:26, Prov.16:7.
For you to know whether you are on the path of life or the path of damnation. Prov.14:12, Matt.19:16-21.
For you to know your eternal destination after death. 2Cor.5:10, Amos 5:12-15
Here are measures that God uses for [us] Christians to know how we do before Him.
1. He tests every man (Dan.3:16-18, John 13:15, 1Cor.10:12-13), James 1:2-4, God does not trust the untested.
2. He tests your patience. (Isaiah 40:20-31, Ps.30:56, Ps.40:20-31). Patience is the ability to handle the passage of time without misbehaving.
3. He tests your attitude to money and the world. (Josh 7:1, 19-20, Acts 8:18-20, Gen.31:1-6.)
4. He tests your obedience (1Sam.15-21-22, Num.20:10-12.)
5. He tests your response to evil counsels (Job 2:8-10, 1King 21:4-9.)
6. He tests your truthfulness and sincerity. (Acts 5:1-11, 2Kings 5:15-19)
Learn to weigh yourself on the scale of God’s will expressed in His word and by His Spirit and you shall not be found wanting in Jesus’ name. Amen.