Luke 13:6-9, John 15:8, 16, Matthew 25:14-30
You will be amazed that God frowns at an unfruitful child. He is not coming to judge only the sinners, the Lord is coming also for the unfruitful Christians, He calls them wicked servants (Luke 19:20-24). Even Jesus had to curse a fig tree that had only leaves but without any fruits to show for it. A Christian should not only be full of activities but be full of results.
The day that God is coming for you it’s the results that He will come for. The body of Christ today is filled with people that are occupied by activities, everyone knows that they are doing something but they have nothing to show for it.
The fruit of righteousness is holiness, the fruit of evangelism is salvation of souls, the fruit of intercession is divine intervention and interruption, the fruit of knowledge is understanding, the fruit of follow-up is membership, the fruit of your church membership is a destiny formation in you. Separate activities from results, stop wasting your time with activities, go for results. The Father rejoices when His children produce fruit, He takes special care to prune, to cleanse, those who bring fruit so that they bring more! He does not want to just have vine branches; He wants to have fruitful branches, branches that give fruit to their full potential. John 15:1-2
Activities are what men see but result is what God judges. In 2 Samuel 5:1-3, the elders of Israel came to David and said, when Saul was king over them, he was the one that led them out and in. Saul was the leader on the throne but as far as what God was doing was concerned, David was the recognized leader. God was preparing David to be a replacement for Saul, because he had no contribution to God's purpose. It's not enough that you're leading a committee, or that there is an assignment you are coordinating, you must be sure that you are winning the pleasure of God there. If you will not be a replaceable material you must be committed to producing results.
How to be a Christian with Results:
1. Prayers. Luke 5:16-24, Mark 1:35-42,
- A major miracle always follows whenever Jesus withdrew Himself to pray.
- It took prayers of the Apostles in Acts 4:31-37 to bring about the kind of love that bring about the harvest of multitude of believers. For any labour to yield fruits it must be done in love. Avoid the works of the flesh. Gal 5: 19-21.
2. Faithfulness NOT facefulness. Matthew 24:45-47, Luke 16:10-12
- God rewards faithfulness not eye service.
- Facefulness can give you a title but you will need faithfulness to carry the life and the anointing for assignments.
- Eliab had the outlook but David had the life and the training. Go for the life!
3. Wisdom: Proverbs 24:3, Eccl 10:10
- When God gives we gather, and it takes wisdom to gather.
- There is wisdom to approach an assignments, every assignment has its strategy.
4. Intimacy with the father. John 15:4-5
- This will birth accuracy
- Knowing the right activity, the right method, and the right timing. David will always enquire of the Lord whenever their is battle.
5. Be a Solomon and not an Absalom in your father’s house.
- 2 Samuel 15:1-6, 2 Samuel 18:18-Absalom stole the heart of all Israelites. He chased his father from the throne, wanting his own. Its a strange son that builds a monument for himself in his father's house. Solomon built the temple according to the pattern that his father received, and the glory of the Lord came unto the temple.1 Chr 28:19, 1 Kings 6:38, 1 Kings 8:10-11.
- Genesis 26:18-Isaac did not dig new wells, He dug the wells that his father had dug before and called them the same names that his father called them. And you could see that all the wells brought forth water.
6. Do assignments according to the capacity of your grace, ability and potentials. Matthew 25:14-30
- Saul’s armour will not work for David, it is your grace and special ability that makes you distinct.
- Don’t compete in the place of assignments.
- Don’t compare yourself with another.
- Don’t use another person’s style, be yourself.
The harvest is plentiful, but labourers are few. God is looking for reapers, can God depend on you as a reaper in this end time? Will you be able to bring forth the fruit that will last? May you not disappoint the heavenly trust in your day(Amen).