GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2022 FASTING AND PRAYERS
September 1 – 22 (PHASE 1)
Meditate on these scriptures before 1st of September 2021 – Isaiah 58, Joel 2, Mathew 4:1-2, Esther 4:13-17, Daniel 9:2-3, Ezra 8:21
1. It is a fast of food and not water- you can take water moderately.
2. Pregnant women are not mandated to fast but should be present for the prayers.
3. The nursing mothers that are breast feeding exclusively are not mandated to fast as well.
4. If you have any health challenge or you are on medication don’t fast as well. If you are on medication and have to eat, do so without condemnation but be at the prayer meeting.
5. Always find time to pray personally before the corporate meeting in the evening. Take some time on your own, one hour at least to pray and study God’s word before the corporate prayer time to present your requests and 2022 to the Lord.
6. The fast is between 6am and 6pm. You are allowed to eat anytime between 6pm and 6am. (If you want to do a marathon fast discuss with your pastor first).
7. Make sure you prepare your fasting seed ahead. Make it a regular, specific amount. It is a time to send it ahead of you into 2022.
8. Get a new notebook (if you are yet to get one) to trap the prayer points, prophecies and instructions (both personal and general).
9. Don’t miss any session, if you do, get the tape and take part of the prayers before the next day.
10. Take care of yourself and don’t engage in any strenuous physical activity during the day and take a lot of water intermittently.
11. Married couples to apply the scriptures to their sexual life
1Cor 7:1-5. After the prayers you can come together.
12. Endeavour to break your fast with fruits/ liquid first before rushing down very hard stuff.
13. Avoid offences, strife, malice and all forms of works of the flesh and sins.
14. Get your own personal copy of the symbolic prophetic 2022 calendar in church. (This will be made ready soonest)
15. Take note of the corporate and personal level of the fast. Watch your personal activity during the fast. Three levels of prayer:
– Your personal quiet time
– Your personal prayer time for the fast
– The corporate prayer time
16. Meeting times:
Sunday- During Service
17. Everyone should be involved, no one should be left out!
18. Remember we will be breaking bread daily at the end of the prayer time for each day.
19. Repent and Confess any known sin that can be of any hinderance to your prayers.
20. Endeavour to Gather in church on ground- at your Dreamcentre branch for prayers. Where this is extremely impossible.. ensure to log on and connect online.
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
– Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)
Receive power to wait on God in Jesus name!
Rev. Olusola + Oyenike Areogun